Sunday, November 29, 2009

One Day At A Time....


Where are we now?

Today we are living life one moment at a time. The pain is still incredibly intense, but instead of immobilizing our entire days, it comes and goes throughout the day - sometimes without warning. We think of Allison constantly and memories of her love and laughter help to bring smiles through our tears.

Wouldn't you know? The world continues to spin and life goes on without any of our say-so. We try to put one foot in front of the other, get dressed and show up for life each and everyday. It's certainly not easy, but I definitely prefer that over the alternative.

The amount of support we have recieved from our friends, family, and the community around us has been truly incredible. We are so grateful and would like to take the time to thank each and every one of you personally, and at some point we promise we will. Emails, phone calls, and cards are so helpful in remembering we are loved and cared for. We have been able to walk through each day because of your continued love & support, because of our love for one another, and because of our ever-growing faith.

What do we do now? Neither of us knows. We are taking this time to do some soul searching and figure out what to do with the rest of our lives. At the very least we can try to figure out what to do this week.

1 comment:

  1. I just found this last night. I have followed Allison's story, struggles and victories for months but admittedly had let my visits to the blog lapse. Last night when I read the latest entries, I collapsed with pain, anguish and sorrow. I can not conceptualize how hard this has to be for your family but know that your angel is back with her maker and her life upon this earth, while short, brought blessings to so many people. You and I were on the Infertility Boards together back many years ago and I got pregnant right before you but followed you through all of these years. We've never met but I've always felt connected to you. My very first car was a Ford Gallaxie 500LTD. We traveled similar paths through IF. And today my heart is shattered for you. I pray for your family everyday. May sorry turn to healing, may pain turn to joy, and may the beautiful memories be forever etched into your souls.

    ReplyDelete